Friday, January 8, 2010

Jan. 8 THANK YOU!


Thanks so much to all of you who came to the opening of Versus last night at the Hous Projects Gallery.  It was PACKED!!  I always get so nervous before openings thinking...OMG...Who will I talk to?  What if no one shows up?!  Do I really need to stay the whole time?!  Will I get too drunk and fall on the art?! 


 Pre-Show installation....  Almost ready!  Amy Elkins Vs. ME!



BELOW:  Zoe Strauss vs. Ruben Natal-San Miguel     ABOVE:  Hank Willis Thomas vs. Cara Phillips


But my fears are always put to rest, and last night was no exception.  The hours blew by like minutes (thanks to the seriously well stocked bar....thank you Ruben and Hous Project gallery!)  we had so much fun....AND the show looked wonderful.  I still feel giddy that I was part of such a wonderful line up of talented folks.  Photographer Jen Davis in particular has been on my inspiration list for quite some time.  Working with ideas of body image and self representation she creates images that are as beautiful as they are complex.  She was there last night and I had the chance to briefly confess my long time photo crush. I said it before and I'll say it again.  Jen Davis you are RAD.



Sister Keavy, her boyfriend Michael and my bff Jenny Riffle
 

Timothy Atticus and Chris Riffle looking cute as little buttons.



Me and the lovely director of the Farmani Gallery in Dumbo, Elizabeth Barragan discussing plans for an upcoming group show! 

Someone else who I love and I finally was able to squeeze last night was photographer extraordinare, Sean Fader.  Words can not describe the insta-friendship that has begun.  Check out his work....so freakin' great.



Molly + Sean = <3


2 comments:

  1. I'm so bummed I missed the opening.... I can't wait to see the show. Congratulations!!
    -Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly you look stunning and the night looks great. I am busy recovering from MY big opening in Sydney, but as soon as i do, i'll be back at the desk doing homework. promise x
    - Amelia

    ReplyDelete